History Q. Paper For Civil Service Pre. Test
Practice Solved History Quiz
1. Which one of the following is the correct chronological sequence?
(a) Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Ghagra- Battle of Dourah-Battle of Chausa
(b) Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Ghagra- Battle of Chausa-Battle of Dourah
(c) Battle of Ghagra-Battle ot Chanderi-Battle of Dourah-Battle of Chausa
(d) Battle of Ghagra-Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Chausa-Battle of Dourah
2. When did Vasco da Gama come to India?
3. Which one of the following kingdoms was annexed to the Mughal empire
during the reign of Shahjahan?
4. Sher Shah is credited for introducing for the first time the following measures except:
(a) Postal system
(b) Spy system
(c) Currency system
(d) Land revenue system based on scientific principles
5. Which of the following contemporary sources of the Mughal period is especially useful for
obtaining the information on the agrarian condition?
6. Revenue system during Akbar's reign was in the hands of:
(a) Bairam Khan
(b) Man Singh
(d) Toclar Mal
7. Which of the following Rajput dynasties did not surrender to Akbar?
8. Which of the following is wrongly matched with his contemporary Mughal king?
(a) Rana Sanga-Babar
(b) Prithvi Raj Chauhan-Akbar
(c) Jujhar Singh-Shahjahan
(d) Jaswant Singh-Aurangzeb
9. Chand Bibi, who ceded Berar to Akbar, was the ruler of:
10. The king generally considered to be the greatest ruler of Kashmir in the
15th century was:
(a) Yusuf Shah
(c) Haider Shah
(d) Shah Mirza
11. Bernier visited India during the reign of:
12. Which queen enjoyed political power along with her husband?
(a) Alam Ara
(b) Razia Sultan
(c) Mumtaz Mahal
(d) Nur Jahan
13. The number of wives of which of the following Mughal rulers ‘fell short even of the
Quranic allowance of four’?
14. Match the following:
A. 1192 A.D. 1. Fourth Mysore War
B. 1527 A.D. 2. Battle of Talikota
C. 1556 A.D. 3.Second Battle of Tarain
D. 1565 A.D 4. Battle of Khanua
5. Second Battle of Panipat
A B C D
(a) 1 3 4 2
(b) 2 3 1 4
(c) 3 4 5 2
(d) 5 4 2 1
15. The battle of Dharmat was fought between:
(a) Muhammad Ghori and Jai Chand
(b) Babar and the Afghans
(c) Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh
(d) Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marathas
16. Match the following:
The Mughals Description
A. Akbar 1. Supression of sufism
B. Jahangir 2. Patron of paintings
C. Dara Shikoh 3. Poet with pathos
D. Bahadur Shah ll 4. Protector of Hindu Muslim architectural style
5. Oriental learning
A B C D
(a) 1 5 3 4
(b) 4 2 1 5
(c) 2 4 5 3
(d) 4 2 5 3
17. The Moti Masjid in Delhi was built during the reign of:
(b) Shah Jahan
(d) Shah Alam ll
18. Match the following:
A. Akbar-namah 1. Ishwar Das
B. Muntakhab-ul-lubab 2. lnayat Khan
C. Shahjahan-namah 3. Khan Khan
D. Fatuhat-i-Alamgiri 4. Abul Fazl
A B C D
(a) 4 3 2 1
(b) 1 2 3 4
(c) 4 3 1 2
(d) 3 4 1 2
19. In Shivaji’s Ashtapradhan, who among the following officers looked after the foreign affairs?
(c) Pandit Rao
20. Towards the end of Akbar’s reign, who dominated his nobility
holding ranks of 500 zat and above?
(a) Rajputs and other Hindus
21. In the year 1613, where was the English East India Company given
permission to set up a factory (trading post)?
22. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Humayunnamah : Gulbadan Begum
(b) Tabqat-I-Akbari : Nizamuddin Ahmad
(c) Padshahnamah : Abdul Hamid Lahori
(d) Futuhat-l-Alamgiri : Mirza Muhammad Kazim
23. With reference to Mughal administration, consider the following statements:
1. All the mansabdars throughout the Mughal rule were paid in the form of a
jagir only and not in the form of cash.
2. All the jagirs under Mughal administra tion were always transferable.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
24. When Akbar was born, Humayun was under the shelter of which one of the following?
(a) Maldeo of Marwar
(b) Raja of Amarkot
(c) Shah Tahmasp of Persia
(d) Pooran Mal of Raisin
25. Who among the following was the last governor of Bengal appointed by
the Mughal emperor?
(a) Sarfaraz Khan
(b) Murshid Quli Khan
(c) Alivardi Khan
(d) Shujauddin Muhammad Khan