NDA, NA English Practice Test
Free online English Objective Questions
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the
one which can replace the word printed in bold in the sentence without changing the
meaning of the sentence.
1. In present day society, money plays the only dominant role in almost all transactions.
2. He enjoyed the salubrious climate of the palace
3. The house cannot accommodate more people.
4. Catching snakes can be hazardous for people untrained in the art.
5. The troops were mobilized to take control of the tensed situation.
(a) Organized into platoons
(b) Summoned to headquarters
(c) Prepared for active service
(d) Collected hurriedly
6. His lascivious habits brought him nothing but bad name.
7. The people attending the carnival looked gay and happy.
8. Feeling drowsy may be a side effect of too many antibiotics.
9. Everyone was listening to the news of earthquake with mounting anxiety.
10. Courtesy does not cost one anything.
11. The intruders strangled the lady to death.
12. That case is not amenable to ordinary rules.
(d) Dealt with
13. Lost in his own reverie, he forgot that vicissitudes can change the course of man’s life.
(b) Changes of fortune
(d) Good fortunes
14. Pakistan has been vigorously pursuing a clandestine nuclear weapons programme.
15. Objective General English some people are extremely fastidious in their choice of dress.
16. His views on children and their upbringing are indeed outlandish.
17. His credulous nature often landed him in trouble.
(d) Willing to believe easily
18. You should have watched that glint in her eyes when speaking of her husband.
19. People refuse to pay obeisance to people whom they do not accept as their leaders.
20. The newly found drug on the epidemic was not at all deleterious.
21. People of different persuasions have met on the same platform.
22. We were touched by the Honesty of the beggar.
23. The food we had to eat was incompatible to our needs.
ANSWER :( d)
24. He decided to accost a big financier for his new scheme.