English Bank PO, Teachers Entrance Exams
UPSC English Sample Paper
Select the word which is Antonym of the italicized word
1. She looked gorgeous in her new dress.
2. In ancient days, a fragile glass jar was considered to be more valuable than a human slave.
3. Last month tomatoes were quite cheap.
4. I accept your plan.
5. It was really a sinister move on his part.
6. That man is known for his elegance.
7. The man was liberated from the charge.
8. For the first time I saw him speaking so rudely to Ranjeet.
9. He was asked to accelerate the pace of work.
10. Gandhiji always advocated the use of indigenous goods.
11. In all places, and at all times, there is a profusion of talents.
12. The actor is well known both for his humility and courage.
13. Ashish has an innate sense of humor.
14. Rajesh’s rustic behaviour astonished the teacher.
15. Always be impartial in your dealings.
16. Repression in Chine has deepened during the past few months.
17. We should not belittle the value of small things.
18. Rajesh is a shrewd person.
19. He denied the accusation.
20. I think this would be a quixotic project for me.
21. He found it hard to withstand the stress of circumstances.
22. He frequently visits his old uncle in his native village.
23. Such comparisons in poetry are now obsolete.
24. In the interest of one’s own reputation one should avoid ostentation while entertaining friends.
25. Ours is undoubtedly a morbid society.